Here are some thought invoking slides on the value of Big Data in such a way that even the dumbest of bosses will begin to ponder the value.
The Network Team along with HP recently hosted an informational Big Data event focused on trends in Big Data, and solutions to help you manage, analyze and utilize data from your customers to increase your customer base.
TNT president Jeff Gaura took an eagle's eye view of "What is Big Data?"
Johnny Earnest from HP spoke about how HP can help you make the most of Big Data. Here are some highlights from his presentation:
Big Data needs a new style of IT. Right now, only 0.5% of the digital universe is being tagged and analyzed. According to HP, properly utilizing Big Data can lead to a 5% increase in productivity, and a 6% increase in profitability.
Some questions to consider when thinking about your company's need for Big Data:
- What are the biggest challenges in meeting the reporting demands of your organization?
- What is your IT strategy related to Big Data?
- What are your requirements for high performance or real-time analytics? Are you making decisions based on analysis of all relevant data?
- Is your existing data warehouse equipped to handle the growth in data volumes and analytics workloads in the next three years?
- How are compliance and governance integrated into your plans for Big Data?
- Are lines of business owners bypassing IT to implement analytics solutions?
- Are you capturing 100% of the data related to your business?
- How much does it cost per TB to store data in your current EDW?