“The best way to explain TNT and their work is that they exceed expectations…in ability, intelligence, dedication, customer care, responsiveness, etc.” Ashely Lantz, Turning Point Executive Director of TNT's managed IT services
Turning Point is a non-profit based in Monroe, NC that aims to end domestic and sexual assault. Executive director Ashley Lantz approached The Network Team after receiving less than ideal experience with the current IT provider. This included frequent disruptions in service that adversely affected the ability of employees to do their jobs effectively. The current managed IT services provider was not meeting expectations with regards to responsiveness and on-site support.
The Network Team performed a migration project that enabled Turning Point’s technology environment to be better equipped in serving its business needs. This included moving Turning Point’s server from their old MSP’s cloud to on-premises, ensuring better up-time availability and simplifying the setup, as well as migrating Turning Point’s e-mail services to the Microsoft Office 365 cloud. TNT also installed Cisco Meraki access points, switching, and a firewall for better WiFi coverage, faster connection speeds, and more reliable security. Referencing the project, Lantz noted that
“TNT has provided the BEST customer service and dedication to our needs that I have ever had. They have consistently exceeded my expectations in response time and grit to get the transition completed successfully. Any issues that have occurred have been corrected. The engineers worked through the night to have us ready to work the next day.”
TNT will continue to proactively manage the IT environment of Turning Point, providing help desk support via e-mail, phone, ticketing system, chat and on-site support. TNT will also proactively monitor the server, switches, firewall and wireless access points, and maintain continuous IT security.
“I have nothing but great things to say about our transition from our old IT provider to The Network Team (TNT). They worked diligently to make sure that everything was taken care of. We met from the start to decide what was needed and they worked with ourold provider to make sure that everything was moved over correctly. IT transitions are always scary, but TNT made sure to answer all of our questions and worked around the clock to make sure that we weren’t down during this time,” said Lantz.
Wondering if Managed IT Services can help your business? Learn more by downloading our free E-Book, "Should Your Company Outsource IT?"
Microsoft is set to release Windows Server 2016 to the public during its Ignite Conference September 26-30th. Windows Server 2016 is billed as 'cloud-ready' and has perhaps more new features for overall performance increases than any other version ever released. It promises new levels of security and increased flexibility as your company grows. The Network Team wants all of our customers to experience the product as soon as is possible.
We have created a limited time special offer to help you kick the tires of Windows 2016 before you dive all the way in. Here’s how it works:
- Purchase one instance of Server 2016 on your network
- Commit to a date to install the instance on your network before October 29, 2016. (You do not need to have it installed before October 29th. You just need to commit to a date before then.)
- TNT will provide you the labor and training for that instance at no cost.
There are some caveats1.
Windows Server 2016 has several flavors and colors to choose from. TNT will continue to do what we do best: help you pick the version that is right for you and create a plan to migrate to this version. Our certified engineers and even our president are taking ownership of migrating our internal network to Windows Server 2016, so we can share with you not only other customers’ experiences but our internal use stories as well.
The release of a new version of Windows Server is a good reminder that many older versions are either no longer supported by Microsoft, or soon won’t be. TNT recommends that by the end of the year, all users be on supported versions of the Windows Server, and make sure that all hardware and software utilized by users day in and day out be covered by our managed services and manufacturer’s warranty.
1TNT will install exactly one instance of Windows Server 2016 as a virtual machine. TNT will install it on a new machine if and only if there are no other operating systems on that machine. The follow technologies will be demoed:
- a Nano server (which is a new feature in Windows Server 2016 that, among other things, improves efficiency), running either locally or remotely
- a single containerized application
- management interfaces
TNT will join this server to the domain and create shares and remote access to it for administrators to “play” with. It is not intended to be used as a production device but as a learning tool.
Don’t miss out on this offer of free labor and training. Contact TNT today to register for the deal before it’s too late.
The Network Team is currently looking to hire a Systems Engineer.
TNT is a dynamic IT Services company, offering both managed services in the form of monthly contracts as well as project work, completed using a time and materials model. TNT is seeking a network engineer both with experience and a hunger to learn as much as possible regarding the offerings of Microsoft, Citrix and Cisco.
The ideal candidate has a great blend of work styles. S/he needs to be able to work alone and/or remotely on customer issues for hours at a time, as well as be comfortable operating in a group situation for consecutive days while maintaining a focus on the technical tasks at hand. S/he need to be able to adapt both spoken and written language to appropriately communicate with audience.
The most successful candidates are able to discern between technical problems and business problems and can help bridge the gap be concisely explaining the cause of and solution to problems that our customer community is facing. Exemplary candidates can present solutions that create new revenue opportunities for the entire organization.
Description of Duties:
- Customer service: Establish and maintain relationships with customers. Prior to commencing any work, briefly speak with the customer contact and inform them of your objective.
- Troubleshoot: Install, configure, and maintain networking devices, per manufacturer and/or company standards, ensuring that customer applications and data remain accessible. Apply basic troubleshooting skills of problem isolation and single change corrections to ensure problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Account for their time. Enter spent time daily into the Time Management system (as of this writing, a web enabled application). Charge customers for fair amount of time spent on tasks, not necessarily actual time spent (educational time is not charged to a customer).
- Integrate with sales staff to formulate and present solutions to customers that are both in line with what the customer needs and within the scope of the offerings of The Network Team, Inc.
- Follow-up with customers both before a project starts and after it ends to ensure that customers’ requirements have been met. Make sure tasks are complete.
- Be comfortable while working from home. Maintain a car, telecommunications equipment and tools necessary to complete your job in at least a satisfactory manner.
- Bill a minimum of 28 hours per week, coordinating schedules with customers and company tasks.
- Dress appropriately for each engagement, wearing company provided logo clothing on any new engagement.
- Continuing education is a job requirement. Read and discuss current trends in the industry with other TNT staff and business partners to ensure cohesive direction and presentation. Attend seminars and pass written exams, as is deemed appropriate to ensure that TNT quality is above industry average.
- Honesty with customers and staff.
- Vision of stewardship of both customers and company property.
- The first 90 days of employment are a trial period. At the end of this period, both employee and employer reserve the right to terminate this contract without justification.
- Manufacturer based entry level certifications. This includes Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCP, VMWare VCP, Citrix CCA, et al.
- 2 years or more experience working with home PC hardware or equivalent, demonstrating competence to change out PC Hardware, Software and networking devices.
- Entry level knowledge of Networking Essentials, including telco products and services. Although this is a part of the CCNA cert process, we include it here to stress its importance.
- Entry knowledge of Windows servers and desktop products, with the ability to work on these devices unsupervised.
- Ability to troubleshoot any networking problem, given the right resources.
If you are interested in applying for the network engineer position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things that are no more.
- New York City used to experience total blackouts during the day, as the passenger pigeons flying above the city were so numerous they would block out the sunlight.
- The Sears catalog used to have a greater publishing volume than any other printed item in the United States…for over 50 years. Now, it is an online only document.
Jessica Diehl, our marketing director, and I decided that the TNT website was on the same path that the passenger pigeon and Sears catalog had taken. There was a time when our website accurately described who we were and what our service offerings are. Alas, that day has passed. As TNT moves more into the realm of outsourced IT services, our website had to catch up. We hired Big Ring to help design a new website.
Managed IT Services
TNT continues to perform project-based work and on-going support for customers of all sorts and sizes in and around the Carolinas. However, our business now includes an ever growing number of managed services/ outsourced IT services customers who want All-You-Can-Eat IT services for their user communities. As such, we have placed much focus on this new area. As you can see from the chart below, we anticipate that we will continue to add more services.
More User Friendly
The website is more user-friendly as well, allowing visitors to pick the path that best suits their needs right from the home page. We can be your IT and take your technology hassles off the hands of your IT staff so they can focus on improving your bottom line. Or, if you simply need help with an IT project, our highly trained engineers can come alongside your team to assist.
Take a look around, and let us know how TNT can simplify IT for you.
by: Jeff Gaura, TNT President